Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Liveblogging Launch Pad

Hello, Aqueductistas!

I wanted to let you know that I'm liveblogging the astronomy workshop, Launch Pad, which I am extremely lucky to be visiting Laramie, Wyoming, in order to attend.

I'm publishing the Launch Pad posts at Jeff VanderMeer's Blog, Ecstatic Days. So far I've posted:

Launch Pad, Day Minus One
Launch Pad, Day One: Who We Are and Why We're Here
Launch Pad, Day One: Mike Brotherton on the Scales of the Universe
Launch Pad, Day One: Jim Verley on The Seasons, the Moon, and the Misconceived
Launch Pad, Day One: Kevin R. Grazier on the Solar System/Cassini
Launch Pad, Day Two: Origins of the Moon

You can see all present and future posts by going to this link, which will aggregate everything on the blog with a Launch Pad tag. The easiest way to keep up is probably to bookmark that and check back occasionally over the course of the week.

I'm mirroring the posts at the feminist group blog Alas, a Blog in case you find that setting congenial or want to discuss some politics with your astronomy.

Let me leave you with this video on the origins of the moon, courtesy of Mike Brotherton:



No comments: